Ship Same OR Next Day
Free Lift Gate Included
Our Experts Are Here To Help!
Call Us: 01744520110
- Cast Nylon 6 Oil-Filled offers self-lubricating properties for higher loads and slow moving parts. This grade also offers a lower coefficient of friction compared to all other Nylon 6 grades available.
- Better lubrication than MoS2
- Self lubricating
- High loaded and slow moving parts
- Reduced coefficient of friction up to 50%
- Better wear resistance
- Chain guides
- Wear pads
- Conveyor parts
- Can mandrel
- One of our regular customers produces heavy duty compacting machinery and reported that Oilon Rod over its lifetime would last around 4 times longer than the same components made in black Nylon Rod.
- After initially trailing Oilon Rod for a batch, the feedback was that they were to swap completely to Oilon Rod for all their rollers as the cost was not significantly more but the performance certainly was.
- Another part of the feedback was that items made from Oilon Rod were much quieter in service, the Oilon rollers made hardly any noise which along with the increased wear rates became a great selling feature for them.
- Although Oilon has been around for quite a few years now, its full potential has not been realised, its an engineering plastic just like other Nylon Rods but in an abrasive environment it will really live up to expectations.
- The first thing that strikes you is that Oilon Rod is green. This green can vary in shade as the manufacturers concentrate on performance rather than any cosmetic appearance but as soon as you pick it up you notice a very slight oily surface and that’s the secret.
- Oilon Rod has within its structure, an industrial, specially blended oil mixed during the early part of the manufacturing process. This oil gives Oilon Rod its massively increased wear resistance, reduced friction and along with that a much quieter operation.
- Components made from Oilon Rod will seem to run much more freely as the oil will reduce the friction quite substantially.
- Over time Oilon Rod will start to repay your initial investment by reducing any ongoing maintenance because Oilon already has its lubrication built within its whole structure, the self lubrication always continues and so reduces the potential for any ongoing maintenance.
- Oilon Rod is a Nylon 6 with the added oil and as such will machine just as easily as other Nylon Rod. Its also manufactured using the casting process which means that once its annealed Oilon Rod will have lower internal stress than some extruded materials which mean that components will be relatively more stable and less tendency to distort after machining.
- Oilon Rod comes in a similar size range to the regular cast Nylon 6 Rod range so getting the most economical size needed is very easy.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.