Ship Same OR Next Day
Free Lift Gate Included
Our Experts Are Here To Help!
Call Us: 01744520110
- PPH is light weight (SG 0.91) has improved chemical resistance, stiffness, improved higher working temperature compared to PPC (0°C to +100°C). PPH retains its low water absorption, is easily weldable and food compliant.
- Excellent weldability
- Excellent chemical resistance
- High corrosion resistance
- High rigidity in upper temperature range
- Higher working temperature than PPC
- Food compliant
- Chemical tanks
- Water applications
- Equipment construction
- Good Acid Resistance
- Good Chemical Resistance
- Light Weight
- Non Stick
- Impact Resistance
- Polypropylene Rod is very acid resistant and as such a lot of acid tanks including sulphuric are manufactured from Polypropylene.
- Polypropylene Rod has also got very good chemical resistance, again, a lot of chemical tanks and fittings are manufactured from Polypropylene.
- Polypropylene Rod is one of our most economical plastics and as such is ideal for minimal cost or sacrificial components.
- Polypropylene Rod is incredibly light weight, it is so light, it even floats
- This is the characteristic of most things not sticking to Polypropylene, this can be an advantage in say a cement or concrete application where not having the product sticking to a component would be better
- Polypropylene Rod is pretty good for components where impact is going to be a factor. The faces of soft face hammers are sometimes made from Polypropylene
- Machine ability
- Working Temperature
- Fire Resistance
- Due to Polypropylene Rod's fairly low melting point, more care is needed to prevent heat build up during machining or a poor finish could result.
- The maximum long term working temperature for Polypropylene Rod is 80°C which is some 20% less than Nylon or Acetal
- Polypropylene Rod is very difficult to have any great success gluing or bonding, although not impossible with specialist adhesives, we would probably recommend welding if it was feasible.
- Polypropylene Rod has a fire rating of HB which means that not only will it burn, it will continue to burn when the flame is taken away and it will drip molten
- The most obvious one would be acid or chemical components or bungs or thread protectors or perhaps bundles of items that will be expected to withstand repeated impact.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.